How Do I Request a Title?
Want to suggest a title for our collection?
Your suggestions for additions to the Library’s collection are welcome! Our librarians consider each request carefully to ensure it meets our collection development criteria. They strive to select materials that fulfill the Library’s service mission. Not all requests can be met due to budget and collection considerations, but please continue to pass along your ideas! Just stop in and fill out a request form at the Information Desk on our upper level.
How do I place a hold on a title?
1. Go to Search the Catalog on our homepage.
2. Enter the title or author to get the catalog record. Click on Details. If NDL owns a copy of that title, it will be displayed at the top of the list. If we do not own a copy of the title you want, but it is available from a neighboring library in our catalog system, you can still place a hold on the item.
3. Click on the Place Hold button on the left side of the catalog record.
4. Enter your library card number and PIN number.
5. Click Place Hold.
6. You will be notified via email or phone when the item is available. It will be held at the Circulation Desk for one week. You must bring the card used to place the hold when you come to pick up your item.
7. Be sure to notify us of changes to your email address or phone number so we can keep your record current.
8. Click here to sign up for email notification.
How do I request a title NOT owned by Northville or a neighboring library?
1. Call or stop in the library and talk to the librarian at the Information Desk.
2. A librarian will help you fill out an Interlibrary Loan request form.
3. Click here for more information about Interlibrary Loan.